Status of Netgear R6850

Getting a good deal on netgear r6850 but can anybody let me know the current status of netgear r6850 with openwrt ?
I see this router is supported but however I see some users are complaining of unstable wireless 5GHZ ? Is this sorted out on current snapshot releases or I should consider a different wireless router?

It appears devs are concentrating more on the 7915 and above drivers. I've kept the stock firmware and use it in ap mode. Openwrt somehow limits my speeds to less than 50Mbits, internet disconnects, wifi dropouts, unstable 5Ghz, etc. After some digging into the stock firmware, I did notice fq_codel and htb but there's no way to enable it? If only stock had aql and sqm cake, the home market would be a better place :frowning_face:

Sir, I'm having this router
Please tell me whether I should flash open wrt or not!

I need stability in 5ghz as well

Stick with OEM firmware for now.

I went back to stock BUT also managed to setup HTB + SFQ on the 5Ghz interface using telnet. I created a script called "sqm-wifi.sh" and placed it in /etc using vi. It sticks after a reboot.

#!/bin/sh

# Delete any existing qdisc on rai0
tc qdisc del dev rai0 root &&

# Add a new root HTB qdisc on rai0 with default class 10
tc qdisc add dev rai0 root handle 1: htb default 10 &&

# Add a root class (1:1) on rai0 with specified rate, ceil, burst, and cburst
tc class add dev rai0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 330mbit ceil 330mbit burst 1237500b cburst 23460b &&

# Add a child class (1:10) under root class with specified rate, ceil, burst, cburst, and priority
tc class add dev rai0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 330mbit ceil 330mbit burst 1237500b cburst 23460b prio 0 &&

# Attach an SFQ qdisc to the child class (1:10) with a specified quantum
tc qdisc add dev rai0 parent 1:10 handle 110: sfq quantum 2346b

Has there been ANY reliable development about the OpenWRT OS for Netgear R6850?
Acquired the Router with the primary intention of installing OpenWRT.