Static IP Address as bridged modem

Hi folks, i've got a DM200 running OpenWRT. I have nearly all of the functions working correctly on my provider but I'm still having problem getting one last function to work.

On a stock modem (say like the stock DM200 firmware or any other bridged modem), the modem itself has a default IP address (for example, 192.168.100.1) that is always accessable, even after the modem is online and on the ISP network. For example, if my DM200 is running the stock firmware, after it authenticates and is on the DSL network and provides my router a public IP address, I can still put in the default IP of 192.168.100.1 and access the modem's status page.

On OpenWRT, it doesn't seem to do this. I'm not sure where to begin. The modem is running a bridged interface with eth0 and dsl0 bridged to br-br0. I gave br-br0 the IP address 192.168.100.1

However, at no point am I able to access the modem after I configured the bridge. I have to connect to the UART to see it's status.

/etc/config/network (must use vlan)

config interface 'lan'
        option proto 'static'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ifname 'eth0.1'
        option ipaddr '192.168.100.1'

config interface 'modem'
        option type 'bridge'
        option proto 'none'
        option ifname 'eth0.2 dsl0'
cat /etc/config/firewall (or disable for test)

config zone
        option name 'lan'
        option input 'ACCEPT'
        option output 'ACCEPT'
        option forward 'ACCEPT'
        option network 'lan'

config zone
        option name 'wan'
        option input 'REJECT'
        option output 'ACCEPT'
        option forward 'REJECT'
        option network 'modem'
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.