Startup Section

Hello everyone,

I'm new so please bare with me. I have installed openwrt on my R7800 router and i'm trying to figure out where things are. This will be one of many questions and if I can't find it maybe someone can lead me in the right direction.

My setup:
Cable Modem Netgear CM1000
Netgear R7800 X4S
25Mbs Down
2Mbs Up

This cable line is solely dedicated to my 4 xbox ones in the house and nothing else on it. Recently I purchased the Netgear XR500 and I find it to be a joke. IMOP nothing works well when I have 4 of them running at the same time.

So I decided to give openwrt a try and install it on the R7800 so far so good. I have to download SQM and miniupnp in order to get them to work. (nat, upnp)

Question #1
In the startup section they all say enable on them does that mean they are on or does that mean I have to press it to enable something?

Question #2
Should I have purchased the WRTAC3200acm instead of using the R7800 to install openwrt?

My goal is to have the best possible connection solely dedicated just for the xboxs.

Thanks for now.
Andy

@snoop, welcome to the community!

1. By default, all the ones included are already enabled.
  2. Seems like a personal question - here is the Techdata page...I personally seem to prefer the specs on the R7800

Also, per the Community Guidelines, please refrain from signing your posts.

1 Like

Ok,
Just to be clear that enabled means it’s enabled or do I have to press it to enable it?

Thanks I’ll stick with the r7800 and see how it does.

Thanks

The word "Enabled" (and "Disabled") you see in the button reflects the current state. If you click, it will toggle. So if it currently shows "Enabled" it will run on startup. If you click the "Enabled" button, it will switch to "Disabled" and then the service/script will not run on the next startup.

4 Likes

Beautiful!! :+1:t2:

If your problem is solved, feel free to mark the relevant post as the solution; and edit the title to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning (click the pencil behind the topic).

grafik

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.