SQM Struggle Continues

even using standard Qos or normal firmware, the traffic shaping works here and there but the problems still exists. SQM makes it even worse as traffic shaping is not possible without some complicated scripts. so the answer is No, no traffic shaping really helps.

like i said i have used those methods mentioned in that thread to traffic shape and it doesn't solve the issues.

As someone said earlier it sounds like a localized capacity issue with your Isp in your area.

What kind of stability do you get if you intentionally set sqm Download bandwidth lower to say 20 or 40mbs , and your upload to 3mbs ?

Make no difference, I set it low as 5 down and 1 up and see no improvement at all. As mentioned earlier things will work great for a moment during fresh start on firmware setup and then continue to go downhill afterward untill the firmware is newly installed again or changes made to SQM back and forth.

Can you see any errors on your wan interface or the modem if you have access to it? If you see issues at even 5mbs there’s got to be some fundamental issue causing all this

the problem is even worse when modem is directly hooked to the xbox one, it was 100% dedicated toward it in this test.

how do i check for that?

Assuming it’s the Netgear cm1000, take a look at pages 13-16 in this pdf http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/CM1000/CM1000_UM_EN.pdf

Edit - also, if you haven’t already be sure to log a fault with your isp. Keep pushing that your not getting the speeds your paying for until they investigate. The isp might even be able to tell if your modem is faulty potentially.

SQM and traffic profiling mainly help when the congestion is caused by your own traffic.

So if your twitch streaming at the same time as your gaming then SQM will help over normal traffic profiling as it prevents one traffic class starving the other.

Physically disconnect all devices, turn off SQM, and just game, make sure you graph the traffic on your upload to make sure your not exceeding your 5mbit, gaming should use like 1mbit average or even less.

You should also do that at different times during the day, early morning, afternoon, evening (peak) IF you find that performance differs between these times then more than likely its just your ISP with congestion, and no amount of end device profiling will help you.

quick update: i updated the firmware with Dave firmware and it seems to help, not sure if its fully working or not but this is what i have tried:

Layer cake
option iqdisc_opts 'docsis besteffort ingress nat'
option eqdisc_opts 'docsis ack-filter nat'

so far i have only added those two line and i could use your help on other steps mentioned in that link, i need help setting up "wash" and "Nat Table" with some simple configuration. so far this is working quite well on the COD games which i always had the issue with, example: being host and bullet not being registered has always been the issue in one of my thread or post that i posted, with this setup, its working now, but i think i could push for even better results with those other options with your help.