SQM and R7800 router

it is not supposed to be in ''mbps'' here: nsstbl rate 8kbit burst 500kbit ??

# Shape egress traffic to 8 Mbit with chained NSSFQ_CODEL
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: nsstbl rate 8kbit burst 500kbit
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1: handle 10: nssfq_codel limit 10240 flows 1024 quantum 1514 target 5ms interval 100ms set_default

Independent of the unit, 8k is too low :wink:

it is better when I remove the sqm script for upload..

1 Like

hi, can we use the same script for the tp-link C2600?

and the gouvernor script in rc.local?

thanks

1 Like

Yes. Same script as long as you have a NSS build :sunglasses:

1 Like

I hope there is no problem in posting here about my settings or other subjects about SQM and my R7800.
I use Firefox 78.7.0esr (64-bit) as default browser and I use some addons such as adblock plus, noscript, Facebook container, HTTPS everywhere, ublock and DDG Privacy Essentials. These addons might be interfering with the tests. I got many errors on debug console.
Here are 2 screenshots


My setting for SQM are:

config queue 'wan'
        option debug_logging '1'
        option verbosity '5'
        option squash_dscp '1'
        option squash_ingress '1'
        option ingress_ecn 'ECN'
        option egress_ecn 'NOECN'
        option interface 'eth0.12'
        option download '180000'
        option upload '90000'
        option qdisc 'cake'
        option script 'piece_of_cake.qos'
        option qdisc_advanced '1'
        option qdisc_really_really_advanced '0'
        option itarget 'auto'
        option etarget 'auto'
        option enabled '1'
        option linklayer 'ethernet'
        option overhead '44'

But dslreports report tells me some things gonne wrong:

0.00s setting 24 as maximum streams for firefox under linux (sorry)
0.00s Start testing Fiber
00.43s Servers available: 3
00.48s pinging 3 locations
05.49s 104ms Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
05.49s could not reach Zurich, Switzerland, EU https://t78.dslreports.com
05.49s could not reach Los Angeles 2, CA, USA https://t49.dslreports.com
05.52s cap to 8 stream maximum due to 100ms plus latency
05.52s WARNING could not assemble 8 streams with available or selected servers
05.52s 5 seconds measuring idle buffer bloat
05.65s Internet connection interrupted? - websocket error 
11.31s Trial download normal
11.34s Using GET for upload testing
11.34s preference https set to 1
19.92s  stream0 22.48 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
19.92s  stream1 22.75 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
19.92s  stream2 21.86 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
19.92s  stream3 19.22 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
19.92s  stream4 17.35 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
19.92s  stream5 16.32 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
23.06s End of download testing. Starting upload in 2 seconds
25.06s Web socket to https://t56.dslreports.com are not working reading count =0
25.06s Using POST for upload testing
39.08s Upload report:
39.08s  stream0 13.46 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
39.08s  stream1 15.32 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
39.08s  stream2 14.39 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
39.08s  stream3 15.68 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
39.08s  stream4 12.7 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
39.08s  stream5 11.1 megabit Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
45.23s End of upload testing
45.23s Recording upload  83.9
45.23s Timer drops: frames=0 total ms=0 slip=0
45.24s END TEST
47.25s Total megabytes consumed: 355.5 (down:167.4 up:188.1)

I can't get a bufferbloat score. Not sure if this is due to addons but I have already tried to deactivate them all and results are the same. I also tried in a private window which I haven't any addon installed.