Splitting the Developer section?

Hello

Has there been considered if splitting the Developer section into some subforums would help its readability?

Maybe questions specific to certain hardware (will you support, where is support going, can you support) to one subforum, software troubles to another?

I am not sure if this is a good idea. But if someone can formulate it better, then maybe someone else can consider it?

Aren't those questions more suitable in the "Hardware Questions and Recommendations" section?

Personally, I don't find the Developer section overwhelming to follow. It typically has only a handful of active threads a day.

I agree with @mikma that "Is it / will it be supported?" questions fit within the Hardware Questions and Recommendations section pretty well. Hopefully people will refrain from "When will XXX happen?" and "You have to do YYYY!" posts in general.

There certainly is a grey area when a device is in its early phases of development, when the eyes of people with general hardware / firmware / build system experience are valuable. At least in my opinion, once a build is mainly up and running, it should move to Community Builds.

Regarding: "Support for...." (Is it / will it be supported)
If not supported, I move those topics to the developer section.
If it is already supported, it doesn't belong in the developer section.

If someone creates his own custom build, then yes.
If it is an official build, then no.

Community Builds:

Announce your custom builds, projects and packages that use/work with LEDE. Each community build, project, or package announcement should describe the best place for further discussion to occur.

We currently don't enforce this (if support has been added, move to category other than "Developer"), but I think it would only be consequent to file everything that leads to OpenWrt support under "Developer", and after (stable/release) support has been added under "Installing and using OpenWrt".