Something Changed luci-compat

I'm having an issue installing packages since installing 19.07.1. I am getting code 255 for the following:

luci-app-sqm
luci-app-advanced-reboot
luci-app-nextdns

I'm on a Linksys WRT1900acs v2. When 19.07.1 first released, I was previously running all these packages on this device on this version with no issues. I had been playing around with different packages and finally settled on a format I wanted. At that time I chose to do an advanced reboot to the other partition which houses stock Linksys firmware. I then installed a fresh 19.07.1. on the other partition. When I attempted to install the above packages I got the following errors for each:

Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /usr/lib/lua/luci/tools/webadmin.lua
	But that file is already provided by package  * luci-base
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-sqm.
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /usr/lib/lua/luci/tools/webadmin.lua
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-advanced-reboot.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-nextdns.

Could anyone please help me to remedy this issue? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Running 19.07.2 since couple hours on a Linksys WRT32X and having same issue with installing advanced reboot:
Collected errors:

• check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /usr/lib/lua/luci/tools/webadmin.lua
    But that file is already provided by package * luci-base
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-advanced-reboot.

Trying luci-compat:
Collected errors:

• check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /usr/lib/lua/luci/tools/webadmin.lua
    But that file is already provided by package * luci-base
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-compat.

I also got same clash when trying to do luci-app-ddns, wants to do luci-compat and errors out.

There's a checkbox saying "Overwrite files from other package(s)" should it be checked?

OpenWrt 19.07.2, r10947-65030d81f3

I'm in the same boat as joshwag
Thanks!

2 Likes

The offending file has been moved from luci-base to luci-compat, so you need to either upgrade luci-base before or simply overwrite the file.

1 Like

I overwrote the file, that worked.

I tried to upgrade luci-base before though, but saw more incompatibility messages...

This is now happening for basically all packages after upgrading luci-base.

I mean, I'm not 100% versed in this whole thing but I think maybe building your own using the OpenWRT image builder may well alleviate these incompatibility issues - especially if you stipulate in the arguments to install advanced reboot in the build.

Version 19.07.2 resolved the issue.

I stand corrected. The issues remain. For now I’ve just checked the overwrite box on packages that would not upgrade otherwise and everything seems to be working normally however the error of my screenshot below still occurs on several packages.

That was what I had found as well. But didn't happen on my other router, EA6350 just on the WRT32X.

I noticed the same thing today on a WRT1900AC v.1 running 19.07.1. It only happened in Luci. When I ran an opkg upgrade in an SSH session it didn't have a problem.

19.07.3 resolved the issue for me.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.