[Solved] WRT3200ACM wont accept firmware

If your device has the newer WinBond NAND, you'll either need to compile your image using kaloz's patches mentioned above, or you can try @david502's build, but I haven't followed his changelog and do not know if his images have the required WinBond patches

I wish I knew how to compile images. I just started learning about third party firmwares for routers. But I'm going to do more research.

Start here:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/build-system/start

After that, go on with this:

In case of further questions, see https://forum.openwrt.org/c/devel

Ask questions about building LEDE firmware. Ask for advice about adding a new device to LEDE, getting help compiling LEDE, using ImageBuilder, or creating custom configurations.

If the issue is the flash change;

• use a master snapshot, it has the patch
  • for stable, add the patch your build (see above)
  • the patch should find its way into the next stable(hopefully this month), so wait
  • use an available image that includes patch, including any recent master image (there are images to be had from the link found on my avatar

You can utilize this script to automate the entire build process on Ubuntu (can be installed into a VM using VirtualBox, if not using a Windows edition that has Hyper-V included [Windows 10 Pro only, Windows 8 Pro, etc.]).

• The only manual part, besides selecting the OS version and OpenWrt version, is making selections in MenuConfig
    • If selecting anything other than the OpenWrt 18.xx version, you will need to manually add kaloz's patches.

• I realized the other day I forgot to add code to prevent keystrokes from being recognized as option selections, so until you reach the OpenWrt branch selection of the script, ensure you don't press any keys [other than to select the OS version] while the terminal window is active... if you do, the script will fail - exit successfully, but fail.

• Since you've never compiled OpenWrt before, it's likely best you stay out of the libraries selection in MenuConfig.

not sharing those files anymore, since the 18.06 release has this bug fixed

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.