[Solved] WRT3200ACM - Unable to flash LEDE successfully

Yes, just two lines in DTS edited directly wih kernel 4.4 and 4.9, and patched for kernel 4.14 as there the DTS originals are already in the main kernel sources.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/kaloz.git;a=commitdiff;h=7ae59a2f288ba1cef23b20e1d36e199e8c646245

And yes, just by applying that one commit from Kaloz to your local source repo, you can build directly from master or 17.01. There is no need to build the whole firmware from the Kaloz staging repo.

(I have built my own CPU frequency scaling test build with Kaloz patch for master with 4.14 and it doesn't seem to cause anything special for an older non-affected WRT3200ACM.)

radio3 is not shown in LUCI, only radio0-2. I can not find any indication for a fourth wifi device in /etc/config/wireless or via ip a.

Thanks for all the information, I will look into it in the next week.

Yeah i mean the 3rd (radio2....) but i disabled too many frequencies in my apartment, and it is some weird wifi any way not connected any antenna. So yesterday I disabled.

The third radio has an internal antenna, and is really intended for NFC.

Is it as simple as selecting CPU frequency scaling in make kernel_menuconfig or I would need to apply some patches?

To the URL in post add .patch and create a file.patch ,which you can apply with:

patch -p1 < file.patch

and back out of your build by adding a -R to the above CLI

1 Like

Thx, It worked. But wow: this thing is running hot at 70C, unless I am looking at the wrong parameter (/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp).

@patrikx3
Try my firmware! You will get all three radios working on any channel, including DFS and 160 MHz.

Earlier messages in this thread (post:132) describe why DFS channels are not working with the unmodified drivers that you tried. There is also a description, how to fix this and have all three radios.

Are you in USA or Europe?

I guess, you are in Europe, but the issue for me is, that, it works perfectly with Lede 17.01.4, maybe I could hack more, but I got enough other work to do and at some time it will be automatically work in the mwlwifi, they have started, but I am sure it will take maybe a year even. I think I even disable the 3rd radio (it has another purpose), given I do not even need it, I got 4 routers and about 50 routers in the whole apartment. So I am more like cutting, then adding more, so the frequencies are less full.

You can tell everyone, to install your firmware and it works with winbond and etc...

Thanks so much!

Mine both Linksys and the one D-Link is perfect as it can be (plus the ISP is another router, too much).........

The last problem is, that I have no 160Mhz client, the max on my server, workstation, tv, telephone max 80Mhz, but I know you can remove these packages and enable 160Mhz, it is described here:
https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/blob/417c15f2af00920945882a1b82ab1f5785a7b7b0/README.md#note-for-dfs-of-wrt3200acm-88w8964 (note for dfs of wrt3200acm 88w8964 160Mhz with DTS vs 3 radios)

Look:

And you are right, it is fixed max 500Mbit on Android, faster, then 80 Mhz, that's for sure.

Yes, I am in Europe. I offered it, because a DFS free firmware is an easy solution, until the fix gets implemented.

Yeah, I guess with this info in this forum post, anyone can use the 3200ACM Winbond. We don't have to find anymore.

@gvalkov

3200ACM Wifi on 80 Mhz, I don't have a 160Mhz client, so sad, I could reach about 800Mbit, that's what I can reach on ethernet...

Wifi:

Ethernet:

How does this wifi usage relate to Winbond flash chip problems?
This thread is about that flash related issue.

WRT3200ACM Winbond:
https://cdn.corifeus.com/openwrt/SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/insomnia-latest-mwlwifi-openwrt-snapshot-insomnia-mvebu-linksys-wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img

So you conflate the new flash units being installed on rango units with the current state of mwlwifi? There is no relationship, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other, and neither has anything to do with you having decided to build an individuals staging tree.

yes, u are 100%, your best build the you are totally right. keep on. props up 10000xyz!

A patch on patchwork, it varies somewhat from what was posted to the staging tree that has been used to this point; ever so slightly.