First of all this thread is about wireguard, if this is the wrong forum please move it.
I was following this guide since it seems the more updated and to the point for my use case:
but i cant connect and i dont know why, from what i can see everything seems fine on the router side so my guess is that im doing something wrong on the android device...or maybe because im not really trying to connect from the outside? im not sure but apparently those instructions include a firewall zone to allow connection from anywhere...i never see any rx/tx on the wg0 interface on the router so im guessing that the problem is on wireguard and not on the routing afterward, maybe im screwing when exchanging keys? if i understand the key exchange correctly the private keys are never exchanged and only need to cross the public keys...since the guide is pretty much complete on the lede side im going to go thru option by option on the android side to see if i set any field wrongly:
-name: any i like
-priv key and pub key: press generate and leave the generated value (i copy the public key to the peer section on the router, is that correct?)
-adress: 192.168.1.81/32 (its a free addess on my router subnet, totaly sure there are no conflicts here, its also different from the adddess set on interface on the router wich i have set 192.168.1.80, its correct?)
-port and mtu: left blank
-dns server: 192.168.1.1 (router dns ofc)
- public key: i copy here the public key generated on the router during the guide, NOT the private one shown on the interface)
- pre-shared key: left blank
- allowed ips: 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0 (if i understand the process correctly this makes any ip allowed so it allows the one set on interface on the router)
- exclude private ip: not checked
- endpoint: this is the ip on the wan side of the router, i tested both the ipv4 and the domain i have from a ddns, i also tried 192.168.1.1 all attempts adding :1234
- keepalive: i set this at 25 since its suggested in several guides but IMO its not important since im not losing conection after a time, im not connecting at all
I tested this inside my network on all attempts, the interface is enables on the android client and i have the key on the status bar, i allways save after changing anything too, i try any site on firefox and also the router ip, as said before ive never managed to get any rx/tx on the wg interface on the router...
Hope anyone can help me and thanks in advance...
Also where can i do a feature request for the wireguard package? (i would suggest the option to generate and show both keys from the wireguard interface creation ui and the option to generete either the wg.conf to easily setup on other devices the keys and ips and/or generate the QR code to make it even easier for noobies like me to set this all up (but at least the .conf file will help anyone, even expert people to streamline)