[SOLVED] WDS client won't stay connected (PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID) using recent snapshot builds

Which hardware is this? OpenWrt / ath10k will not work on Archer C7v1. That first version of the chip has silicon bugs that the developers were unwilling to work around, so they abandoned it.

The bridge patch only affects clients. The unpatched kernel still worked on APs.

While dusty memories, I still recall being very happy that I didn't buy a C7v1 when they were introduced because of the lack of open-source driver support. As far as I know, the C7V1's chip revision still isn't (and never will be) supported for 5 GHz.

Litebeam AC Gen2, Archer was running tp-link firmware when the WDS bridge was established with one of these.

Set log_level to 0 on the AP there may be more information.

It looks like this is an ath10k bug in AP mode that doesn't belong in this thread.

got it working, the issue was introduced with

[PATCH v3] {nl,mac}80211: allow 4addr AP operation on crypto controlled devices

reverting this patch to v1 restored connectivity

git pull this day

find patch:
target/linux/generic/pending-4.14/150-bridge_allow_receiption_on_disabled_port.patch | 8 +++++---
target/linux/generic/pending-4.19/150-bridge_allow_receiption_on_disabled_port.patch | 8 +++++---
target/linux/generic/pending-4.9/150-bridge_allow_receiption_on_disabled_port.patch | 8 +++++---

new compilation and WPS problem solved

MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:3
OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r10170-de1431b589 / LuCI Master (f138fc93)

1 Like

Hey guys,

i got a WR841n V5 witch I use to repeat multiple SSIDs but got the same error as called above. Someone could give me a hint how to install the "fix" ?

Im On OpenWrt 18.06.5, r7897-9d401013fc

Regards,
Snot

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.