[SOLVED] USB2 on Netgear R6120 doesn't detect any devices

Ah, OK. If it's work with stock firmware and it doesn't work with OpenWRT - it's look like OpwnWRT bug, you are right.

1 Like

Hey,

i've fixed other bugs with the R6120 some time ago, but the USB port never drew my attention. I can confirm your issue on my unit. The USB power is never turned on. I've prepared a patch which will (hopefully) be merged in some days:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1068635/

Best wishes

1 Like

Hello sir and thanks for finding time in efforts to fix this issue. I've already lost hope and considered this topic dead. ))
Unfortunately I'm not an expert but rather a noob in this. I don't know how to apply patches. Would you be so kind and give me details on how to do it?
Thanks again.

I did some research on how to patch files and recompile. It wasn't actually too complicated. Now the port is working just fine. Thanks again for your help.Its much appreciated.
All the best !

2 Likes

@evgeny71 If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. (Click the pencil behind the topic...)

You can also mark the reply that solved your problem:
grafik

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.