[Solved]UQMI won't connect with Private APN

I discovered something.

When adding the WAN interface to LuCi i cant issue any command through uqmi CLI.

But whats much more suspicious, is that when i delete the interface from LuCi and then try to connect with uqmi CLI and after that issue the command '--get-data-status' it says 'connected'.

Is there really nobody who can help me with this.
Im getting really frustated now.

EDIT:
My fault found out that i need to do

Ifdown #interface

to issue uqmi commands

Im still fighting my MC7455.
Could you please provide the relevant part of /etc/config/network (wwan ?) for your MC7455,
and which uqmi-cmds you use, to get it up and running ?

Me too, I found that QMI cannot send any APN. Unable to connect to the private network. Please let me know if there is any solution.

Finally got it work..!!

Try to edit your /etc/config/network

Add this at the end.. But also be sure that you dont have any left overs from previous interfaces related to the MC7455.

config interface 'wwan0'
option ifname 'wwan0'
option device '/dev/cdc-wdm0'
option proto 'qmi'
option apn 'your.apn'

config interface 'wwan1'
option ifname 'wwan1'
option device '/dev/cdc-wdm1'
option proto 'qmi'
option apn 'your.apn'

change the APN to yours.
dont add any other info, like username or password
save and then issue the command

/etc/init.d/network restart

to restart the network interfaces.

And then also add both interfaces to the WAN zone of your Firewall

this way i think qmi can choose whatever "device" it wants to take to connect to the internet.

but i also cant explain WHY this is working

Credits to @pj0e

1 Like

I must add an account password. Only then can I access my private network.

Is this password specific for yourself and only for yourself or is it a password like mine > whoever uses this APN has to use "this" password.

If its like mine you can leave it out.

I need to fill in, APN access point, exclusive password, exclusive account.

Did you done it?

Does it works?

So then you need to add the username and password to your interface config. Did you try that? What happened? If it didn't work, then why didn't you post your config (with private details like password redacted of course)?

Guessing is hard. So most people won't bother to try. And those of us who do, will usually get it wrong. Maybe include some details, so you don't depend on others guessing what you are doing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.