[Solved] Upgrading a TP-Link Archer C7 v2 from OpenWrt to LEDE

Hi!
I'm sorry for my noobish question but I can't really seem to find a definitive answer. I have a TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (bought in France in december 2015) running OpenWrt for a little less than 2 years now (I flashed it the day it arrived, currently on version 15.05.1) and I just discovered the LEDE project and all that implies. So I want to upgrade to the newest version of LEDE but I'm not really sure what to do exactly.

Should I download the sysupgrade bin and flash it using the "Flash new firmware image" through LuCI? And if so, do I need to uncheck the "Keep settings" setting?
Also I generated a backup archive, would I be able to restore it assuming the flash of LEDE is successful?

Those backup are not that important, I noted down all of my configuration, it will be more of a pain in the ass to reconfigure it all manually but if it's the only way then so be it ^^

Thank you for taking the time to read me and I'm looking forward to your answers!

You got it! Sysupgrade firmware => uncheck "Keep Settings"

I don't think it'd be a good idea to restore your backup archive, but it's good to have to help configure LEDE (i.e. opening in a text editor and having it as a reference).

2 Likes

More info on compatibility discussions there: Upgrade from OpenWrt to LEDE, does the config compatible?

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I wasn't 100% sure of the process so I had to ask just to make sure ^^

Yeah that's what I'm going to do!

Thanks for the link!