[Solved] Unable to flash from LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d

Hello,

I've been trying for a while to flash from LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d to DD-WRT on a WRT1900AC and I am unable to do so. Even attempted to flash OEM firmware with no success from firmware upgrade without keep settings selected.

I keep getting the following error: The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

I believe the WRT1900AC has two partitions, one which contains the OEM firmware.

Three failed boots should put you into the OEM partition.

https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/vendor_specific_rescue#dual_firmware_partition

From there you should be able to flash DD-WRT.

Does not work unfortunately.

Which part didn't work?

Three failed boots to get to the OEM partition?

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=70202

Flashing DD-WRT from OEM?

Three failed boots..

It puts you to the other partition, which may still be the OEM firmware but may also contain LEDE, if you have flashed LEDE or Openwrt several times.

Both OEM, Openwrt and LEDE do flash in a round-robin fashion, so that the current partition is kept intact (as an fallback option) and the flash is performed for the other partition, to which the boot is then switched. So, after several flashes, neither partition may contain the OEM firmware.

You need to use the sysupgrade command from SSH console (using putty or something) and use the “-F” force flag to override the image format check.

You can download the OEM firmware with wget to /tmp and then flash it with sysupgrade. Adjust the commands below to the real link and filename.

commands for you:

cd /tmp
wget link-to-oem-firmware
sysupgrade -F -n /tmp/oem-firmware-filename

Okay, thank you much, I will try this and get back to you.

Worked Perfectly, thank you much.

I'm trying to upgrade from 17.01.4 to 18.06.01 and having the same issue as reported in the original post. I keep getting the error: "The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

Can someone please give some pointers on how to properly upgrade to a newer firmware version? I don't care about current settings of my router. I've already reset them to defaults.

Thanks.