[SOLVED] "uci: Parse error" package installing

Installing luci-app-adblock (git-18.118.20919-cfba791-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.4/packages/mips_24kc/luci/luci-app-adblock_git-18.118.20919-cfba791-1_all.ipk
Configuring luci-app-adblock.
uci: Parse error (invalid character in name field) at line 187, byte 38

Installing adblock (3.4.3-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.4/packages/mips_24kc/packages/adblock_3.4.3-1_all.ipk
Configuring adblock.
Collected errors:
 * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/adblock is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/adblock-opkg.
 * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/adblock/adblock.blacklist is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/adblock/adblock.blacklist-opkg.

Tried reinstalling the opkg and downloaded a backup file, removed the opkg files from there and uploading...

Please describe the problem you're actually having.

This error simply means there was already a config file present after install...and that already present config file has an error on line 187.

the opkg wont work because of that error, I tried to uninstall the packages but the corrupted(with error) config files wont get deleted

I tried resetting and uploading a backup file without the adblock package, and now cant install others packages because the config files are still there...

and those that manage to work get the error

Collected errors:
* resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/config/______ is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/config/_____-opkg.

I got the packages to work using the
opkg --force-removal-of-dependent-packages and --force-maintainer but some are still using the "_____-opkg" conffile...
They work, but its useless space being used...

That's a big problem, because OpenWRT shouldn't be using the file with "-opkg" appended to the end. It should use the file NOT CONTAINING "-opkg."

Your okpg did work! It even warned you that a config file was already present, this is normal behavior! Just delete the file installed by opkg. Why do you beleive opkg is broken because the files aren't deleted???

Just simply:

rm /etc/config/adblock-opkg

If you prefer the one installed by opkg, delete the adblock config before reinstalling.

1 Like

Reinstalled the packages and got some warnings about the "-opkg" files, but how you said, they are perfectly working.
I'll probably remove these files later on, thanks!!

1 Like