I need to use VLAN ID 7 for my ISP to connect. I tried several configurations and hours of time are wasted.
In the Network -> Switch configuration table there is no WAN port column shown, so I am unable to tag the WAN port with VLAN ID 7, which I think is necessary.
(See https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Telefonie-Internet/Wie-OpenWRT-Router-am-FTTH-Anschluss-betreiben/m-p/2967765/highlight/true?nobounce#M868204 ... CAUTION: The interface seems to be < OpenWrt 21.xx.x and looks slightly different to my interface, but my point is the missing WAN column.)
Model TP-LINK Archer VR200v
Architecture xRX200 rev 1.2
Firmware Version OpenWrt 21.02.0 r16279-5cc0535800
Kernel version 5.4.143
Are you using the integrated xDSL modem or an external modem? In the former case, change all instances of
dsl0.7 in /
etc/config/network and read the great bthub5 guide from https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266 (while the devices aren't the same, many hints apply alike).
Changing the twofold occurrences of
/etc/config/network did the trick. Thanks so much!
Steps to reproduce.
- Login via webinterface (luci)
- Go to System->Backup/Flash firmware->Perform reset
- Wait for reset, then login again via luci
- Go to System->Administration
- Set up password for login
- Go to Network->Interfaces->Edit WAN
- Setup all necessary stuff for your ISP (in my case username, password and mtu (in advanced tab)
- Save and apply
- (If necessary go to Network->Interfaces->DSL and change accordingly to your ISP)
- Go to Network->Switch and add VLAN
- Replace "2" with "7" in port number
- Save and apply
- Login via ssh
- Change the (in my case) twofold occurrences of
- (In my case reboot the router via web interface until DSL line works [see status page])
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.