[Solved] Reporting Bugs?

Hello. How is it possible to report a bug? As a regular user, I don't seem able to report a bug in bugs.openwrt.org.

Anyway, basically what happened is that after resetting using the command below, subsequent saves to router settings (e.g. enable WiFi, set SSID etc) were not retained. I could see it as I am applying it, but when I turn the router off and back on, it's with the default settings!!

umount /overlay && firstboot && reboot

Backkground of the issue: router was initially flashed using openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory, then happened to do resetting from LuCI but faced some problem with firewall/interfaces settings, so thought it's best to reset using umount and firstboot, and that's when the not-retaining settings happened.

I now reflashed with openwrt-18.06.1-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade and settings are saved.

Router is Archer 7 V2.

You need to register. If you don't want to register, you can use a Github login if you have one.

Registration is mandatory so follow-up can be done. A lot of bug reports seem(ed) to contain vague explanations of what was actually wrong, and developers can't act upon that, nor can they contact anonymous users for follow-up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.