[Solved] OpenWrt behind FritzBox - WAN as DHCP-Client - No Internet Connection

@slh

I look at the chipsets / devices in peace.
DSL modem is not needed, because I will soon receive a fiber optic connection. However, the operator imposed a modem, my router is then connected via LAN.

But several WLAN SSID's with different VLAN tag would be really good. For this I have found this guide:

Is this feature basically supported or does it depend on the chipset?

With fibre/ ftth, specifically speeds up to 1 GBit/s, your choices are limited to highend mvebu or x86, the other devices can't cope with those routing throughputs (the Easybox 904 xDSL won't do more than ~60 MBit/s anyways).

Yes, multiple SSIDs are (wireless-) hardware specific, for details you need to check the valid interface combinations in the "iw list" output.

1 Like

The first concern when buying a new router is to have enough CPU power for your ISP speed. With fiber you'd want something high performance. There is the hardware recommendations section.

With gigabit ISP it is best to go to separate boxes: a wired only router, almost has to be an x86, feeding to wired users and wifi AP(s). The APs don't need as much CPU since they aren't doing any routing or firewalling or VPN.

Thanks again for your answers.
I think for this thread all questions are answered.

I'll look at the router with mvebu or x86 closer and read me on the Internet and here in the forum.
In such a powerful router, I can completely replace the FritzBox.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.