[SOLVED]No Internet Connection After Deleting IPv6

I'm running OpenWrt on raspy and trying to configure system that did not use IPv6 for DNS server sake.

uci -q delete dhcp.lan.dhcpv6
uci -q delete dhcp.lan.ra
uci -q delete network.lan.ipv6
uci commit
/etc/init.d/odhcpd stop
/etc/init.d/odhcpd disable
/etc/init.d/network restart

I used this command and there is a couple of a problem.

1. uci commit did not work
root@OpenWrt:~# uci commit
uci: Parse error (invalid character in name field) at line 1, byte 37
uci: Entry not found (invalid character in name field) at line 1, byte 37
  1. Continue execute the command
    since that error and I have no clue, I continuing execute the odhcp stop until network restart. After the restart my OpenWrt did not have internet connection even tho already and still connected to my home wi-fi

How to fix it ?

First try with uci commit network and uci commit dhcp to locate precisely where is the error. Then, check the files in /etc/config and fix the mistakes they have.

That work, I'm missing the network and dhcp. After running all those command, the LAN interface still showing IPv6. Is there a way to fix it ?

This is a private ULA IPv6, it is not used for communication with the internet.

Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board; \
uci export network; uci export wireless; \
uci export dhcp; uci export firewall; \
head -n -0 /etc/firewall.user; \
ip -4 addr ; ip -4 ro li tab all ; ip -4 ru; \
ip -6 addr ; ip -6 ro li tab all ; ip -6 ru; \
ls -l  /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/* ; head -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/*
2 Likes

Thank you very much for the help

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.