[SOLVED] - Netgear R7800 oddities and now no Luci

So I think I might be in the market soon to replace this router... it ALWAYS does this thing where when I'm upgrading it after an opkg update, it just like freezes and sometimes just reboots in the middle of the upgrade process and that's whether I do it through LUCI or I do it from Terminal which is more how I do it now because I can do one upgrade at a time and cross my fingers that it doesn't freeze up on me...

AND MORE RARE THAN THAT - yet it happens about every few months, is that it just becomes totally bricked and wont boot at all (edit: Not entirely true ... it seems to go into a boot recycle mode where it boots then some lights go amber then it reboots and it will do that forever until I TFTP it) so I have to put it into hardware TFTP server mode, then flash the stock firmware then start over with OpenWRT...

BUT THAT isn't why I'm posting ...

The other day it did it's brick routine so I did the dance and Netgear firmware it then got the latest release of OpenWRT and flashed it. Then of course I immediately did the updates and thought to myself it might not be a bad idea to leave a thumb drive plugged in then cron out a daily backup of the openWRT config so that the next time it bricks itself I know I at least have a config version that's relatively recent.

HOWEVER, after going through the steps of getting it to work with a thumb drive and a VFAT file system, when I try to hit LUCI via web browser, I get this:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1082: Invalid controller file found
The file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/firewall.lua' contains an invalid module line.
Please verify whether the module name is set to 'luci.controller.firewall' - It must correspond to the file path!
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1082: in function 'createindex'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1192: in function 'createtree'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:694: in function 'menu_json'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:795: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:478: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:477>

(edit2: I should mention that the file it's referencing, firewall.lua is completely empty and shows a 0 byte size with an ls -l)

I don't know why ... and I don't know how to fix Luci ... can someone tell me please how to fix Luci?

Thank you

Well, I fixed LUCI by doing this from an ssh session:

opkg remove luci --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-base --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-theme-bootstrap --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-lib-ip --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-lib-jsonc --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-lib-nixio --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove liblucihttp-lua --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove liblucihttp0 --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-mod-admin-full --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-mod-network --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-mod-status --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-mod-system --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-proto-ipv6 --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-proto-ppp --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove rpcd-mod-luci --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-app-firewall --force-remove --force-depends
opkg remove luci-app-firewall --force-remove --force-depends

Then I did this:

opkg install luci --force-depends --force-reinstall --force-overwrite --force-space --force-checksum --force-maintainer

And everything seems to be working properly now

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.