[SOLVED] Miniupnp error on OpenWrt snapshot

I have an issue with miniupnp on OpenWRT snapshot, running on Linksys E8450.

I ran these commands:

/etc/init.d/miniupnpd stop
/etc/init.d/miniupnpd start

and when I ran logread, I got these error messages:

Sun Apr 10 19:28:22 2022 daemon.err miniupnpd[19947]: mnl_socket_open() FAILED: Protocol not supported
Sun Apr 10 19:28:22 2022 daemon.err miniupnpd[19947]: Failed to init redirection engine. EXITING
Sun Apr 10 19:30:39 2022 daemon.err miniupnpd[20121]: mnl_socket_open() FAILED: Protocol not supported
Sun Apr 10 19:30:39 2022 daemon.err miniupnpd[20121]: Failed to init redirection engine. EXITING

How can I fix this?

Ooh, figured it out.

If you have miniupnpd-nftables installed, uninstall it and install miniupnpd-iptables, then reinstall luci-app-upnp.

1 Like

sorry he doesn't work at my home do you use fw4 or firewall ? i have a same router

1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Are you currently using fw4 nftables or fw3 iptables? I am using the latest snapshot and it uses fw4 nftables. So, I tried to use miniupnpd-nftables but didn't work either.

1 Like

I believe I'm using fw3 iptables.

Open a new topic and post your issue there, so that it's easier for people to assist you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.