[Solved] Luci revision numbers

I just updated luci for 17.01.5 and noticed that the installed version is git-18.201.27126-7bf0367-1 but the version shown in Luci footer (git-18.147.69097-36945b5)
I rebooted after updating but that had no effect.

What did you update exactly and how?

opkg install --force-reinstall luci

Thats just an empty meta package. You need to update luci-base, luci-mod-admin-full, luci-theme-bootstrap etc.

sorry before that i did

opkg list-upgradable | cut -f 1 -d " " | xargs opkg install

but when i saw the version numbe didn't change I tried force reinstall on luci

Screenshot_2018-07-25_20-14-26

The version string was found here:
/overlay/upper/usr/lib/lua/luci/version.lua:luciversion = "git-18.147.69097-36945b5"

Reported Bug

https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1732

After installing the updated version of luci packages the correct luciversion string was in the file
/usr/lib/lua/luci/version.lua

It was necessary to remove cache files for the correct version to be displayed in the browser.

rm /tmp/luci-modulecache/* /tmp/luci-indexcache

AFAIK luci apps delete the /tmp/luci-indexcache file on install/thru uci-defaults.

Maybe you should create a bug on github against luci project to make sure that luci-base runs rm /tmp/luci-modulecache/* in its uci-defaults script?

Bug report raised

Hmmm.
The files in /tmp will not survive flash & reboot, so you can only run into this if you update LuCI and do not reboot.

I no longer see the issue after reboot, I'm not sure how/why I observed it the first time I reported the issue.

PS
You are correct. I only observe the issue if I install updated Luci packages without reboot.
Flashing a new firmware image obviously does not cause this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.