[Solved] Locked myself out - how to go back?

Now I do need some advice. Playing around with my recent install, trying to relay, I made the mistake of deleting the LAN interface. Now I can't get an IP via WiFi, and via Ethernet there is no peer on the other end.
I run an EAP600. Before trying a hard reset, I wonder if there is any other chance? Would the OpenWRT-firmware react properly on that hard reset?

TIA

Failsafe login, fix the mistake, reboot normally.
Use web interface to take advantage of roll back.

1 Like

Thanks, but I don't get an IP to access the AP. It times out while trying to obtain one.
There is no other machine on the network 192.168.1.0/24. Only my PC.

Did you try to connect with serial? If you did and didn't help you, then reset looks inevitable.

1 Like

No. not yet. Serial with EnGenius EAP600 ... I would have to open the casing, and read up on how to do serial with that AP. There is no 'normal' serial port nor USB.

Before I panic, and do unreasonable things; or even make things worse: How would the OpenWRT firmware behave on a hard reset?

I would expect it to be reset to defaults without any way to restore the existing configuration, unless there is off-the-device backup.

1 Like

No worries, I have a backup of the config. I'll give it a shot, and if not, I'll have another paper weight.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, the hard reset brought up the OpenWRT default setup, as hoped for.

1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I recently discovered a fail-safe for my own network. The wireguard connection allows me to access my router via the wan interface. If I ever accidentally mess up the vlans or lose local lan access, I can access the router via wireguard to fix things.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.