• CPU (eth1)
  • LAN 1
  • LAN 2
  • LAN 3
  • LAN 4
  • WAN
    What is CPU (eth1) ???

I use LAN 1 as second WAN with this config:

But some times, after router reboot my PC get external IP from ISP connected to LAN 1.
After router already booted reconnection link on PC solves the problem and PC get IP from internal LAN.

Same page as before, a bit lower.
https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt32x#basic_configuration

Happens because they don't disable the ports during reboot, hence creating a bridge between LAN and WAN.

2 Likes

In that device, the switch has five ports accessible from outside (LAN1 to LAN4 plus WAN), and two ports accessible from the CPU. You usually config one CPU port for LAN and the other one for WAN.

3 Likes

This is a common "flaw" of all-in-one routers, not something specific to the WRT32X.

Unfortunately, by the time OpenWrt is "alive", the switch is already active in its power-on state, so there is likely little OpenWrt can do to resolve this problem. It might be to make some changes in a custom U-Boot to minimize the time that the switch is "open", but I haven't explored that due to the apparent cost/benefit of the effort.

Enterprise-grade switches avoid this issue by disabling the phys until the switch fabric is fully configured.

2 Likes

Confirm, with TP-Link TL-ER5120 I had no this problem

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.