[solved] LAN and Wireless seem to both be running a DHCP server

Hi all. I'm using OpenWrt 21.02.0-rc4 on a TP-Link WDR3600, and the weirdest thing is happening (to me at least):

• Reset to factory defaults.
  • Clients connected to it via Ethernet get an IP in the 192.168.1.x range. Fine, this is expected.
  • I enable wireless 802.11n with the default network (LAN), but my wireless clients are given IPs in the 192.168.100.x range (definitely not expected)

If I then change my WLAN protocol to PPPoE and connect to the internet, my clients on wired with 192.168.1.x IPs can access the internet just fine while wireless ones on 192.168.100.x have 'No internet', which is also expected.

So, what am I missing here? I just assumed this DHCP server would be running "on" the LAN interface, so Wireless clients should be getting IP addresses from the same pool as the wired ones.

I appreciate any helpful pointers on this issue.

Best regards,
Marco

Edit: my syslog has the following line Sat Jul 31 17:26:17 2021 daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[2435]: DHCP, IP range 192.168.1.100 -- 192.168.1.249, lease time 12h. There's no mention of a 192.168.100.x range anywhere. I'm starting to wonder whether my phone is just making an address up and my wireless interface isn't linked to the DHCP server at all.

FIGURED IT OUT, I feel silly. My house has another TP-Link router set up as a simple repeater which I totally forgot about. It seems my phone just doesn't support WPA3 and was transparently connecting to the other router (which has the same SSID, to add to my confusion) :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.