Hi folks ... so I got my Speedport 504v to run with the initial installation images on the old wiki page.
The web UI gives this version: OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r46134 / LuCI Master (git-15.176.44391-0ef5f3c)
So, I thought, let's get this up to the most recent version and I downloaded lede-17.01.4-lantiq-xway-ARV8539PW22-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Verified the Hashes are correct, but after uploading it, I can see a kernel panic on the console.
Sounds like it might be related to this: https://forum.openwrt.org/t/kernel-panic-on-arv752dpw-bug-in-lede-17-01-2/5972
Is this a known issue?
Does it do the same if the the system image is flashed?
Do you mean one a ...factory.bin?
There doesn't seem to be one for the device.
Disregard this post, as I was wrong... for some reason only the initramfs and sysupgrade bin were compiled.
- Do you experience the same issue if you flash via serial? I'm not familiar with that device, so it may not provide easy access to flash via serial.
Hmm ... well, I did flash the older image via serial console, but I'm unsure about the right procedure to flash a sys upgrade image. I was getting the impression that that was not a complete replacement. On the other hand I've read that the factory.bin images are just special in that they are made to be accepted by whatever the original vendor's FW update utility requires. It seems to make sense, too, considering I've read the original boot loader requires signed / encrypted FW. Could be that's why there's no factory.bin.
If that's the case and I can basically just flash the new sys upgrade image with the same u-boot / xmodem steps that I used for the other, then I might give that a shot.
Sysupgrade.bin's lack the OEM header that some devices need to see when flashing to OpenWrt from OEM firmware... that's the only difference between a system.img and sysupgrade.bin.
Tried, but unfortunately no cookie.
[ 37.516475] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): br-lan: link becomes ready
[ 37.681644] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): nas0: link is not ready
[ 39.468381] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered forwarding state
[ 73.968575] done.
[ 73.969123] jffs2: notice: (966) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem, 0 of xdatum (0 unchecked, 0 orphan) and 0 of xref (0 dead, 0 .
[ 74.710860] CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address fc0cb94a, epc == 801d29dc, ra == 801d4bf4
[ 74.719900] Oops[#1]:
[ 74.721978] CPU: 0 PID: 1106 Comm: cp Not tainted 4.4.92 #0
[ 74.727381] task: 83832d48 ti: 82ee2000 task.ti: 82ee2000
[ 74.732608] $ 0 : 00000000 7fe3e614 00030000 0000c328
[ 74.737676] $ 4 : c0007000 00000001 fc0c9402 00000000
[ 74.742744] $ 8 : c0007800 00000100 00000010 00010000
[ 74.747813] $12 : 806c6268 806c6b6f 00002001 00000b6f
[ 74.752882] $16 : 00000029 00000175 00000029 00000011
[ 74.757950] $20 : 00000018 00000001 c0007800 806c6b3f
[ 74.763019] $24 : 00000018 00000111
[ 74.768088] $28 : 82ee2000 82ee3ad8 c0007000 801d4bf4
[ 74.773157] Hi : 0000ce99
[ 74.775946] Lo : 999a4e60
[ 74.778741] epc : 801d29dc 0x801d29dc
[ 74.782456] ra : 801d4bf4 0x801d4bf4
[ 74.786168] Status: 1100fc03 KERNEL EXL IE
[ 74.790225] Cause : 00800008 (ExcCode 02)
[ 74.794110] BadVA : fc0cb94a
[ 74.796900] PrId : 00019641 (MIPS 24KEc)
[ 74.800782] Modules linked in: ath9k ath9k_common iptable_nat ath9k_hw ath pppoe nf_nat_ipv4 nf_conntrack_ipv6 nf_conntrack_ipv4 mac80211 ipt_REJECT ipt_MASQUg
[ 74.863310] Process cp (pid: 1106, threadinfo=82ee2000, task=83832d48, tls=770a6d48)
[ 74.870815] Stack : ffff23e3 839cea54 00000000 00000007 00000001 c0037ca0 00000001 c0037ea0
00000018 00000011 00000111 00000010 806c6b70 00000000 00000491 806c6b6f
c0037ca0 00000000 00000150 00000111 82ee3bbc 00000000 c0007010 00000b5e
80410000 c0047000 00000b6e c0007800 00000008 00000000 80413adc 00000fee
00000b6f 80413b0c 80410000 00000009 c0563000 00000000 00000000 00000008
[ 74.905282] Call Trace:[<801d213c>] 0x801d213c
[ 74.909635] [<8013a584>] 0x8013a584
[ 74.912994] [<800beb98>] 0x800beb98
[ 74.916372] [<801264f0>] 0x801264f0
[ 74.919737] [<800832a8>] 0x800832a8
[ 74.923160] [<80126618>] 0x80126618
[ 74.926515] [<800837b4>] 0x800837b4
[ 74.929896] [<8012dcac>] 0x8012dcac
[ 74.933254] [<801286ec>] 0x801286ec
[ 74.936662] [<801284c0>] 0x801284c0
[ 74.940042] [<8008309c>] 0x8008309c
[ 74.943391] [<800dc864>] 0x800dc864
[ 74.946801] [<80085244>] 0x80085244
[ 74.950164] [<8009d134>] 0x8009d134
[ 74.953549] [<800854d8>] 0x800854d8
[ 74.956952] [<800c28b4>] 0x800c28b4
[ 74.960317] [<800c317c>] 0x800c317c
[ 74.963680] [<800c21e4>] 0x800c21e4
[ 74.967046] [<800df9d8>] 0x800df9d8
[ 74.970439] [<800c3b0c>] 0x800c3b0c
[ 74.973807] [<8000486c>] 0x8000486c
Code: 3c020003 00863021 00c23021 <94c22548> 24070001 384207ff 00021102 00431021 00021080
[ 74.988436] ---[ end trace e1b14647c440b834 ]---
[ 74.997047] Fatal exception: panic in 5 seconds
[ 80.000411] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception
[ 80.006516] Rebooting in 3 seconds..
ROM VER: 1.0.3
Actually no ... I noticed I could get to busy box on the serial console and stuff was actually running.
Turned out, the box booted fine afterwards.
I'm a happy camper, thanks for the suggestion.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.