[Solved] Issues with ZBT WE1326 Switch

Hey guys,

I am having quite a bit of an issue running the latest snapshot on the ZBT WE1326. Every time I connect any device (my ubuntu laptop, my windows desktop) - I get 10baseT connection to the device. And barely that actually, as it pretty much does not give me any connection. If I connect it directly to my router (aside from connecting the wan port to the router) - I get 1000baseT on the switch port. I checked dmesg and I get a whole lot of errors like that:

[ 1090.954620] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link up
[ 1091.913217] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link down
[ 1094.597790] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link up
[ 1095.556402] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link down

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if it is an issue with the device itself. Can someone please give me a pointer on what to do from here? I have been running around in circles trying to get it to work, and yet - I still can not.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Tony

P.S. - I have checked all cables with a tester - they are all good cables. I even tested with more cables - same issue.

Sorry guys, dont mean to spam. Just want to make sure that I put as much info on here as possible.
Attached is a picture of what I am seeing.
Also, here is the dmesg snip from my laptop when I connect to the unit:

[ 6416.046177] e1000e: enp0s25 NIC Link is Up 10 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
[ 6416.046180] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 enp0s25: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO

For the time being - I will just call it a defective unit and ordered a new one to test. If someone has any pointers in the future - that would be awesome, as I would love to get that baby back up and running.

Thanks.

It must be your device. Mine is connecting 100 and 1000mbps just fine

F2EEC1D1-35CF-4DDD-ACBD-C64559271270

Thank you!! Yeah I already ordered a replacement, will see. Maybe DHL was not as kind to my package, as they should have been and messed that little guy up.

Thanks for sharing your input, really makes me feel better that it does actually work :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Hi,

did you solve the issue with your new router ? I saw other people having the same problem on different brands, and facing to this too on Xiaomi 3G

Hey!

Nope, did not. Figured its likely a shorted switch - static can really mess things up sometimes, specially when dealing with low voltage devices (the switch portion).
Got a new one and its working great.

thanks for your fast feedback !

1 Like

Hi,

I had the same issue some days ago.
I've tested with another PC, another eth cable...

But what resolved my problem, I think, was to test it on another AC plug.
When it shares it's AC plug with electrical power strip, I think it'd disturb with distortions from other device in the room (via AC).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.