[Solved] I need help with my Router

I purchased a Giga Telco Brand Router here in Brazil. Unfortunately it does not have the Signal Repeater option. I discovered Protejo today but unfortunately I didn't find the model in the Firmware download options. Could anyone help me find something I can use?

Router Specifications: Chipset: Realtek RTL8367 + RTL8197FS + RTL8812FR | CPU: Realtek RTL8197FS up to 1000MHz | Flash: 64 Mbit | Interfaces: 2 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN ports, 1 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN port | Buttons: reset, WPS | Frequency: 2.4 ~ 5GHz | Upstream: 1167Mbps | Downstream: 1167Mbps

Can you tell us how this relates to OpenWrt?

I would like to install a modified firmware on my router. I read about OpenWrt in some videos, but I still have questions.

I doubt that this device is supported by OpenWrt... but let's find out more:
What is the exact model of your device? Please provide the brand/model information exactly as it is shown on the bottom of your router?

I've read little about this router model. It was used by some internet companies in some Brazilian states.

Brand and model: GIGATLCO AC MESH GIGA MOD.1300V2 ROUTER

The 1300V2 is a dual-band wireless router with 802.11ac standard that guarantees full speed of up to 1167 Mbps (300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps on 5 GHz) with strong signal and stable performance.

It has 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports (2 LAN + 1 WAN), WPS/reset button and 4 external + 1 internal antennas ensuring high signal coverage.

It has features such as Mesh and MU-MIMO, BeamForming, Airtime Fairmes, AP and bridge mode, IGMP Snooping, NAT Boost, VPN server, management and configuration via Web, remote upgrade via TR069, DHCP, Static IP, PPPoE (dual access) , advanced security with WPA WPA2-PSK encryption, QoS, parental control, flow and bandwidth control, IPv6 protocol for greater security and greater range of IP addresses and much more.

It seems to me to be a router that just changed the name to Giga Telco, as I couldn't find anything about the manufacturer. Only companies that sell it, without much information.

This device is not supported by OpenWrt. You may want to look at other open source firmware options or ask the manufacturer for help.

If you are interested in using OpenWrt, please see the Table of Hardware and/or the Firmware Selector to search for models that are supported. Also feel free to browse the Hardware questions and recommendations section of the forum.

Thank you for clarifying my doubts!
I found that even though there was no option for my router in the list, through the settings I could choose the firmware of another router and have the Repeater function on my modem.

But anyway, thank you very much!

You're welcome.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Based on your technical specifications, the whole SOC isn't supported - and there's no one working on it either (see lexra for some hints, no, this SOC isn't lexra based and the situation is slightly better, but still only very slightly - and someone will have to do the development work (or more likely, no one will); presumably flash- and RAM are also very limited).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.