[Solved] How to build (compile) 18.06.9 / 19.07.7?

Hi, I have a bunch of devices with 32/4 (like tp link wr841n) on many places. I'm not going to throw them away just because web gui does not fit, so I'm compiling without ipv6 and other unecessary stuff, which works fine, except when I clone git, I compile what have been known as "trunk" version, right? This is mostly ok, but sometimes I run into package vs kernel incompatibility when using opkg, so I'd like to compile release versions instead.

Could you pleasese correct me, if I'm doing it wrong?

1. git clone https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/openwrt.git
  2. git tag -l
  3. git checkout tags/v19.07.7
  4. ./scripts/feeds update -a
  5. ./scripts/feeds install -a

On the last step I'm getting a lot of warnings on packages I don't use anyway, except this one:

WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/packages/wget/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libpcre', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/packages/wget/Makefile' has a dependency on 'libpcre', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/packages/yara/Makefile' has a dependency on 'jansson', which does not exist

I'm aware, that wget has been replaced with uclient fetch, so maybe nothing to worry about too, but when I compile trunk, I have not seen these warnings (or I have not noticed).

What should I do? Thank you.

Try a make defconfig you'll probably find those dependencies have resolved themselves after the feeds have installed...

@nozombian It's a warning, not an error. You can just carry on.

Hi, thank you both. @dl12345 Warnings were still there, but thanks to your reply I remembered "unclean build", so I tried make clean, make dirclean and make distclean. The latter and repeating steps 4 & 5 finally resolved the issue. Thank you!

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.