[SOLVED] Help with 'igmpproxy' errors please!

Hi All,

I have a WRT1900AC v1 flashed with @davidc502 latest build. It is a DHCP client behind a Nighthawk R8000 running standard LEDE version 17.01.04.

While reviewing my syslog file earlier, I found some log entries containing the following:

user.err igmpproxy[5135]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use
user.err igmpproxy[5136]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use
user.err igmpproxy[5137]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use
user.err igmpproxy[5138]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use
user.err igmpproxy[5139]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use
daemon.info procd: Instance igmpproxy::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

Looking at the entries, the errors have something to do with igmpproxy but due to my lack of experience with the firmware, I am not sure what this actually is so and am hoping someone can help me identify what is causing the errors.

Thanks in advance.
~ Tala ~

If you aren't using IPTV and have no need for the service you can uninstall igmpproxy and it won't log anymore.

Please provide a copy of your /etc/config/igmpproxy file.

igmpproxy isn't installed by default in OpenWRT. If you for some reason you installed it and it's in fact unneeded, you should follow @davidc502's advise:

Thanks guys - Disabling igmpproxy has fixed it. No more errors :slight_smile:

I get the same error from the last davidc502 build (r6952) and the one before (r6868). Prior builds did not have this error.

Sun May 20 14:02:50 2018 user.err igmpproxy[13900]: MC-Router API already in use; Errno(98): Address in use
Sun May 20 14:02:50 2018 daemon.info procd: Instance igmpproxy::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

I do use IPTV through a satellite STB but do not know if I need igmpproxy. Will disable and see but it would be nice to have davidc502 build work as-is.

@davidc502??

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: Disabled igmpproxy via GUI in Startup menu and rebooted. My IPTV seems to work OK and no igmpproxy error.

What do I need igmpproxy for anyways??

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.