[Solved] Failover between 2 routers

Apologies if this is in the wrong category. I'm wanting to set up failover between 2 routers for our office, if one dies I would like the other to transparently replace it. I had this working under OpenWRT using keepalived and VRRP but I ran into a some reliability issues that I'm hoping LEDE will fix. It looks like keepalived isn't available for LEDE. Is this possible to do with LEDE?

keepalived is available through opkg on Lede 17.01.4, at least.

I'm very new to LEDE so I must be missing something. I just verified that I'm running 17.01.4 but

opkg install keepalived

Throws an error and I don't see keepalived as a package when going through the GUI. Can you point me in the right direction? I have a pretty stock install, are there repositories I need to add?

Try loading the list of available packages first:

opkg update
opkg install keepalived

Running opkg update is the step I was missing. I now have keepalived installed now.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Excellent. Feel free to mark the topic as "Solved."

Sorry for being such a noob, how do I mark this as solved? I'm not seeing a button anywhere.

Lost my editing privileges... You can just add a [solved] prefix on your thread subject. Just edit your thread subject using the pen icon above your first post.