[SOLVED] Easiest way to backup/clone sd card for RP4 openwrt router setup

I have been getting a RP4 up and running as a home router. It has been a long road and I'm almost done. How can I bwckup an exact copy of the sd card running the openwrt OS? Is there a way to have a backup saved in a safe place just incase? So if the sd card currently in the RP4 fails, I could just use the back up file and write to a new sd card and just insert the the new sd card in and have the router running.
I habe tried win32diskimager, HDD Raw Copy Tools and other programs that i cant remember right now. I know there is a way to do it in a raspberry pi OS but i dont have one. I use a windows 11 machine.
Aby advice would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I was just able backup and then write to a new sd card using Win32DiskImager. It took forever to read the SD card and then write the backup file to the new SD card. I left the writing being done overnight and when I woke up it was still not done. But then another 20 min and then it decided to finish. :man_shrugging: I am currently using the backup sd card. Hopefully this helps someone in the future. FIY, I used the same size SD card and I had the original size SD card partition expanded using Gparted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.