[Solved] Ask for detailed instructions on how to install LEDE on Archer C7 V4

Hi (first post),

I've just bought a new Archer C7 v4 (EU) version and want to take the plunge and install LEDE. I've been reading up on the documentation and reading these forums for useful info that may help me if I run into problems.

I have a query: I have downloaded and hash checked the following two files:

Firmware OpenWrt Install = openwrt-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v4-squashfs-factory.bin
Firmware OpenWrt Upgrade = openwrt-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v4-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Sorry if this has been asked before, but once I have installed the factory.bin file do I then install the sysupgrade.bin file and from then on install new builds of the sysupgrade.bin file?

Thanks

All you need to do is install the -factory.bin file using the stock firmware, and after the reboot, you will have a working OpenWRT C7. Then log in using SSH and update packages and install the LuCi ui as indicated in previous posts in this thread and in the setup guide. After that, use the GUI to configure the router as desired.

That's it. The current 18.06 builds work great, and 18.06rc1 is expected in a few days.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.