[SOLVED] Archer C7v2 - trunk r10213 - NFS server - Libreoffice clients cannot edit files

Guys,

i have been running trunk versions of openwrt on my Archer C7 for some time
...i think i started doing that because i wanted to have flow offloading and this seemed the only way, but i am going off topic...

the router works also as an NFS server, it has been doing that for some years and i never really had any major issue apart from the one that is bugging me now

the different nfs clients (debian & archlinux) can see the nfs shares, can open/modify/delete etc files/folders on the share but libreoffice says that all files are locked for editing by unknown user and i can open them as read-only or open a copy

there is no lock file in the folder where the libreoffice files are
if i take one of the "read-only" files and copy it locally i can modify it with no issue
i can take the same local file (or generate a new one..) and copy it on the nfs share and the file becomes read-only again.

i know that libreoffice has some sort of verification that the user trying to open the file is the same that generated the file and i could play with the libreoffice setting, but nothing changed on the libreoffice installations so i would be inclined to believe that this problem has something to do with my NFS setup

i cannot say exactly from when this problem started, i do not use the libreoffice files daily so i might have missed the first occurrence, i can say though that in May the files where editable...

i believe i have not changed anything in my setup, or at least i have not done it intentionally, so all relevant files (exports, firewall etc) are the same

relevant exports:

/mnt/FIRECUBE2/downloads                        192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)
/mnt/FIRECUBE2/pictures                         192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)
/mnt/FIRECUBE2/music                            192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)
/mnt/FIRECUBE2/music_NOT_in_LIBRARY             192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)
/mnt/FIRECUBE2/backup                           192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)
/mnt/FIRECUBE2/shared_Files_Personali           192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)
/mnt/FIRECUBE2/games                            192.168.2.177(rw,no_subtree_check,nohide)

i did change ownership of all files on nfs share to uid and guid 1000 (which is the one of the clients...)

ls -la on one of the nfs shares gives me:

drwxrwxrwx    9 1000     1000          4096 Mar  4  2018 Trips & Holidays

ls -la on the clients:

drwxrwxrwx  9 michi michi 4.0K Mar  4  2018 'Trips & Holidays'

(where michi is my user)

i got the impression that portmap is the culprit, but i am really just guessing and my impression is that i am running around in circles changing permissions etc without really solving the issue

i hope that some of you could point me in the right direction...

thanks in advance for the support

m

i think the problem is part of a more general issue with NFS in trunk
anyway i found a workaround by commenting the following in /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice
i would wait for the next official release and in the meantime mark this as solved

# file locking now enabled by default
#SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
#export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

thanks and hope this helps

m

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.