[Solved]APU2C4 Recommendations

Hy Guys,

@AndrewZ already mentioned i shall use a separate AP.
But i really wanna try to get my actual setup as it is working stable.
A seperate AP will be the last resort!

I need your help to get my APU based router working stable.

Currently I`m running:

• Board: APU2C4
  • Drive: M2 SSD 32GB
  • Wifi: Compex WLE900VX (kmod-ath10k-ct and ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct-htt - 2019-10-03-d622d160-1 )
  • LTE : Sierra Wireless MC7455
  • OpenWRT: Latest Build OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12985-508462a399 / LuCI Master git-20.106.26969-0e22d4d
  • Kernel: 5.4.32

So my current problems with this Setup are:

1. Fix IP APN doesn't work when connecting through QMI. Currently the APN only works when using ModemManager which gives me instability and connection aborts.
    From what I`ve read here, ModemManager isn't the preferred way to connect with LTE ISP. But as I said, I can't connect with my Static IP APN to my ISP with QMI-protocol.
    Dynamic IP APN works with QMI-protocol.

############ FIX #################
You need to specify both device ports!
Add the following to your /etc/config/network

config interface 'wwan0'
option ifname 'wwan0'
option device '/dev/cdc-wdm0'
option proto 'qmi'
option apn 'your.apn'

config interface 'wwan1'
option ifname 'wwan1'
option device '/dev/cdc-wdm1'
option proto 'qmi'
option apn 'your.apn'

then

/etc/init.d/network restart
  1. Wifi is also not stable i.E. my LG OLED 55C97LA sometimes refuses to connect with my Router no matter which VHT (20,40,80) I try.
    Also I can't get more than 1 day uptime on my Wifi before it crashes or something like that.

Is there anyone who can help my configure or rather give me recommendations about different, maybe more supported, hardware with same or even better specs?

It's now the 4th month I`m reading and trying different things to get I work properly.

Thank you in common.

Take the OpenWrt-based firmware here and consider using separate AP.

What recommendations can you give me for an AP?

I want the fastest and most stable option available out there.

Money doesn't matter.

I'm using a couple of UniFi AP AC Lite and happy with that. Depending on your environment/conditions you will probably need LR or PRO or HD instead of Lite (which is enough for my use case).

First of all thanks for the instant replies!

I looked over the ROOter Firmware and it looks promising.

Yes I also prefer Ubiquiti AccessPoints most because we installed them in businesses at my old Company where I worked.
Anyways never made any Throughput-Tests with them.

Which throughput did you get with the Lite Version of these AP's?

I never measured :wink: I will try to set up the proper testing environment when time allows.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.