[SOLVED] Access media server on different vlan in same router

Hello all, I'm new fairly new to lede. I have a Linksys WRT1900acs v2 with vlan3 on port 3 and vlan4 on port 4.
vlan3 subnet is 172.16.3.1 and vlan4 192.168.1.1. All is working good. TV's, ps4, media server are on vlan3,
PC's are on vlan4. All devices have static address's. I would like only 1 pc on vlan4 to access only the media server on vlan3. I can't seem to figure this one out.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Bud

In Traffic Rules

Permit the MAC or IP in VLAN4 interface to access the server's IP in VLAN3 interface.

Thank you, I entered the ip's in traffic rules- forwarding. This worked good when pc firewall is off.
How do I make new firewall rule in win 10 pc to allow traffic in.

Thanks,
Bud

If the media server is on a Windows machine, of course you have to open its firewall accordingly. I suggest inquiring in a Windows forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+ports+on+windows+10

Per the Community Guidelines, there is no need to sign your posts.

Thank you.

1 Like

:+1: NO problem!

Glad you got it working.

If your problem is solved, feel free to mark the relevant post as the solution (like in the picture below); and edit the title to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning (click the pencil behind the topic).

grafik

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.