Softether v5 package installation

Hi, I'm having a problem installing the softethervpn5-libs package on my Xiaomi 4A Gigabit router.
I'm using the latest openwrt firmware version 22.03.4 and it gives this error: "unable to execute opkg install command: syntaxerror: JSON parse error: unexpected eof". Due to this error, I also can't install the luci-app-softether package. Please help me resolve this issue

Out of flash space ?
Or have you perhaps updated any packages ?

No, I have 8 MiB of storage and 60 MiB of memory

Yes, 2 packages had updates and I installed them

Then you're almost out of flash space, your device will be EOLed after next release.

Are you sure the package(s) you're installing will fit?

Regarding updating packages: https://openwrt.org/meta/infobox/upgrade_packages_warning

The router only has 8.4 MiB storage overall, and all packages regarding softether vpn are only 4.5 MiB. I previously filled the storage untill I had only 1 MiB left and didn't have any problems. So I don't think that I have storage problems

Then you should consider removing the updated packages.

You could also try installing the packages you need via cli.

1 Like

I don't know how to degrade package versions, so I did a full reset of the router. Is there anyway to degrade versions of installed packages without having to reset?
Edit: Resetting didn't solve the problem and I'm still getting the same error. Do I have to install a specific json package to be able to install softethervpn5 ?

OK, I solved the problem by simply installing the package using CLI.
This is really silly but it worked!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.