Snapshot Build With DAWN Question

I've been running OpenWrt for a year now and recently decided to try my hand at building my own snapshots for my GL-B1300 router. Specifically, I wanted to try DAWN band steering. I was able to get DAWN working and so far my 5GHz devices are staying on 5GHz, which is cool.

My question is this. The snapshot defaults to using wpad-basic-wolfssl, which enables WPA3 wireless security. DAWN requires the full wpad installation. Selecting wpad deselects wpad-basic-wolfssl, which disables WPA3 functionality on my builds. If I try to include wpad-basic-wolfssl when wpad is already selected in menuconfig, I get the message 'This feature depends on another which has been configured as a module. As a result, this feature will be built as a module.' and the letter 'M' appears beside the selection. The resulting build does not have WPA3 support.

I'm new to this, so that's where I'm stuck. How can I have a full wpad installation in my build and have WPA3 support as well?

Update -- I created a new snapshot build and selected wpad-wolfssl instead of wpad. DAWN band steering works with that as long as I only use WPA2. WPA3 seems to create problems with DAWN when I choose that option. I've used OpenWrt WPA3 without DAWN with no problems in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.