Small favor, please cat contents of /tmp/board.json

Hello all,

I currently am offering a community build for new users, and it is going pretty well (I guess :slight_smile: ).

I am building for all Linksys (new) WRT* units, expects for the WRT1900ACv1. The reason I left this one off my build sheet is because I am providing some default cron jobs with my builds for adblock, and my ocd drives me up the wall that the default layout for these includes the fan cron job for all WRT units, not just the WRT1900ACv1, so I removed it. That is why I don't include it, for the simple fact that my default cron file does not include the fan cron job.

So, I want to inlude the WRT1900ACv1 in my build list again, as I am now executing a uci_defaults script upon first boot. In this script I want to add a simple logic that grep's the board type, and if it's a WRT1900ACv1, then it will append the fan job to cron.

So, to my favor. As far as I can tell, the best way to be able to tell your board type is to find the name value in board.json, in /tmp....?

If someone with a WRT1900ACv1 would be so kind to run the following command and send me the output, it would be much appreciated:

cat /tmp/board.json | grep name

As well, if someone has a better way, I am all ears :smile_cat:

See /lib/mvebu.sh

cat /proc/device-tree/model

As used by the init code under /rom/etc/board.d

which on mamba yields
Linksys WRT1900AC

1 Like

Muy Bueno my friend. That gives me EXACTLY what I needed!

EDIT:

mvebu.sh writes out to /tmp/sysinfo/model, and this has exactly what I need. Something easy and consistent to search against.
Thanks again buddy.

Use the mvebu_board_name() function to access /tmp/sysinfo/board_name. It is more reliable and the intended way to get the board name.

Have a look at target/linux/mvebu/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network to see how it is done by the base scripts.

1 Like