Slow Wifi speeds on EA8500

I set up the EA8500 in bridge mode. I get 20 Mb/s down and up. I should be seeing much higher then this. I get this for both the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz network. Any ideas what is wrong? Much older routers under identical network setups achieve 100 Mb/s .

What channels are you using for 2.4 and for 5?

Are you using SQM?

If so, post screenshots of your settings.

I am not using SQM as I did not install it. This is a base installation. 2.4 Ghz set to N, channel 11 (which is a open channel relative to others) and 40 Mhz bandwidth. 5ghz has been tried on many channels but it is currently on channel 157, 80 Mhz width.

The major difference is I disabled the WAN and WAN6. LAN is set to DHCP client and Physical settings added WAN to the bridge. I did not touch any firewall settings

Anyone know the answer?

I found that turning WMM on and changing the transmit power from auto to 199 mW for 2.4 Ghz and 501 mW for 5 Ghz raised the speed. Is there any software I should install on it?

@Ryu945 seeing that you have a Linksys EA8500, I would be very interested in the LEDE sanitized (and bootloader-) cmdline of that router.

You'll find it in the kernel messages (dmesg):

# dmesg | grep "command line"

respectively via luci under "Status/ Kernel Log" around the top (line ~20), which should result in two lines being reported:

[    0.000000] Kernel command line:  ...
[    0.000000] Bootloader command line (ignored): ...

If you don't see it, the messages might have been pushed out of the ringbuffer and rebooting would be needed to see the top of the log.

I got 40 Mhz working. It is now 80-100 Mb/s. That is still far lower then the theoretical 800 Mb/s advertised by the EA8500. I didn't expect it to actually go up to 800 Mb/s but I expected it to be a lot closer.

[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyMSM0,115200n8 ubi.mtd=16
[    0.000000] Bootloader command line (ignored): console=ttyHSL1,115200n8 init=/sbin/init rootfstype=squashfs root=31:16