Slow Wifi for Netgear R7500v1 w/ OpenWRT

Hello,

I've been experiencing some headaches with my Netgear R7500v1 recently. It previously was working well with DD-WRT until a few days ago. After a long journey, I flashed it back to the vendor firmware and installed OpenWRT. I followed the instructions on making it an access point. However, it seems to be extremely slow when trying to use streaming services to my TV. I've run a speed test on my computer that's in the same room as the device, and can get ~100 Mbps. However, the TV is in a different room, down a narrow hall, but still appears to show as a strong internet connection when I check both on my phone and the TV itself.

I found this link:Very slow WiFi for GB connection - #3 by slh which was similar, but I'm not sure how comparable the recommendations are given that the post is ~2 years old. I'm fairly new to networking - despite my past experience flashing with DD-WRT and would appreciate any feedback folks might give. I know the R7500v1 was a bit outdated for DD-WRT and didn't allow 5GHz, and I assume that's the case for OpenWRT as well since I can't seem to find anywhere within the UI to add the capability. I've tried changing the 2.4 GHz channel on Channel 1 (worst performance), as well as Channel 11 (wasn't recognized by my devices). When I did a wireless scan to Join a network via OpenWRT I noticed there were a considerable number of wireless networks that were using channel 6 (18 of the ~30+ networks shown).

Below is some of the output that was requested, in hopes of it maybe expediting the resolution.

root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 5.4.179 #0 SMP Wed Feb 16 20:29:10 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device 'radio0'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option path 'soc/1b700000.pci/pci0001:00/0001:00:00.0/0001:01:00.0'
	option band '2g'
	option htmode 'HT20'
	option cell_density '0'
	option channel '6'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
	option device 'radio0'
	option network 'lan'
	option mode 'ap'
	option encryption 'psk2'

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/network

config interface 'loopback'
	option device 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd21:6efd:0635::/48'

config device
	option name 'br-lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'eth1.1'

config interface 'lan'
	option device 'br-lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'
	option ipaddr '192.168.2.3'
	option gateway '192.168.2.1'
	list dns '192.168.2.1'

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'eth0.2'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option auto '0'

config interface 'wan6'
	option device 'eth0.2'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'
	option auto '0'
	option reqaddress 'try'
	option reqprefix 'auto'

config switch
	option name 'switch0'
	option reset '1'
	option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '1'
	option ports '1 2 3 4 6t'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '2'
	option ports '5 0t'

I don't have any file for /etc/config/sqm. Thank you in advance for any guidance! I'm dealing with a very frustrated significant other, so any help is greatly appreciated