Slow upload speed

However, your maximum attainable is 42.791 Mb/s down...and 663.476 Kb/s up.

Could be a line, or provisioning issue.

I would contact your ISP.

Which model of old BT router did you use?

I note from your first post, the Vendor ID is reported as Infineon (not Broadcom). It looks like you may be connected to a dreaded and rare ECI made FTTC cabinet (not Huawei/Broadcom). There was talk of trying to enable G.INP last year, but it may have been abandoned again.

I agree with @moeller0 with regards to trying a different firmware blob to see if it helps. The upload speed is abnormally low and it looks like a compatibility issue. As far as I'm aware, the firmware blob has not changed since LEDE 17.01.

I don't think any firmware blob will make a difference.

The VDSL line stats are coming directly from the DSLAM.

The firmware can't go any faster than the line data rate.

well it depends on what modulation scheme is in use. The firmware will negotiate that scheme. a different firmware blob can potentially negotiate a different modulation which could enable the higher upload speed.

I don't think that can exceed the maximum attainable rate of the VDSL line (screen shot in the first post).

That's the max attainable with the firmware blob currently in use. The max attainable with a different modulation would be different (kinda like the difference between 802.11n and 802.11ac)

So for the upload at 24 dB attenuation DSLAM and CPE negotiated a transmit power of only -4.5 dB, which effortlessly explains the low sync, but the question is why the low transpit power setting. And that might be related to a mismatch between dslam and cpe firmware versions. I still think trying a few different firmware blobs to be easy enough to try. But I also agree that it is not guaranteed to help.

Regarding modulations there is not much slack in VDSL2 as far as I can tell, for each subcarrier 0 to 15 bits per dsl clock can be used but at the OP's low transmit power not much SNR margin exists and hence subcarriers will only get a low bitloading....

1 Like

Also never underestimate the influence of half-broken cabling (in-house and patch cables, as well as the splitters and sockets; try the main service socket) - and yes, this individual bthub5 might also be a potential cause of problems (be is hardware damage of this particular devices, no vectoring blob loaded and being forced into a fallback profile or suboptimal compatibility between the DSLAM and this vr9 lantiq modem chipset).

One time my ADSL micro filter broke and I got weird stuff happening. Replaced that and that fixed the issue. Should definitely be checking results at the master socket too. Another time my extension cable got loose from master socket and had to just fiddle with that.