Slow internet speeds WRT1900AC

Here are the specs of my current setup:

Model Linksys WRT1900AC
Firmware Version LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.152.82987-7f6fc16)
Kernel Version 4.4.71

the problem is my download speeds are 50% slower than before moving to LEDE, is there any way I can get full speed ?

Yeah, I reckon it's much slower than 17.01.1 -- same hardware and config, WRT1900AC.

Simple things like Facebook images will load slower. I had thought it was just Wifi devices, but a speed test on the mobile Speedtest App is strong and matches my connection...

Didn't notice a difference with SQM on/off. Has been during previous releases without issue.

Hey there.

Could you please tell us which numbers you expect in contrast to the numbers you achieve?

I don't have this particular device, but "I only geht 10MBit where 20MBit should be" would point towards either wrong configuration or hardware error but "I only get 250MBit where 500 should be" might be just usual.

I don't know if that's the actual numbers the WRT1900AC can do, but someone using the 1900AC can give you some hints only if you tell us the range you are in.

Regards,
Stephan.

Hi Stephan,

It's really tricky to say. I've a 50/20 connection, and a speed test on my phone (which is what's having the "internet" issues, e.g Facebook will randomly not load images) it'll hit the 50/20 fine. I don't think configuration is the issue as it has only started happening with the latest update.

I think this is WiFi related. I haven't notice any issues on my PC which is wired. I've noticed if I remote desktop to work on my laptop (via WiFi) I get 2 of 5 bars of "quality" and latency is awful, unusable. My PC gets 5 of 5. Restarting my router seemed to give it a boost, but seems to degrade again within a week.

Does this suggest intermittent packet loss or retransmission?

If there are any Windows-based tools or utilities that can provide more info, let me know and I can try it out.

Regards,
Jake