Sharing VPN Interfaces

Hi,

|Hostname|OpenWrt|
|Model|Linksys WRT3200ACM|
|Architecture|ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)|
|Target Platform|mvebu/cortexa9|
|Firmware Version|OpenWrt 23.05.0 r23497-6637af95aa / LuCI openwrt-23.05 branch git-24.006.68745-9128656|
|Kernel Version|5.15.134|

I am still playing with VPN configurations as we are getting ongoing service problems with the streaming stoping and starting.

I have invested in a faster router and that has helped significantly giving me VPN speeds that should have no problems with live streaming (400Mbps).

I am currently using wireguard connections to Windscribe as it is supposed to be faster but I still get the same issues and sometimes, it seems that the wireguard connection has greater speed but less bandwidth than the slower OpenVPN connections.

I have noticed that it is possible to run multiple OpenVPN and multiple wireguard interfaces at the same time but in doing this they conflict as I assume they are all trying to dictate the routing.

Is there any way to improve my VPN performance by sharing the connections through the single WAN interface so that when one is slow the other takes over or even better to run simultaneously sharing the VPN bandwidth? (Apologies of I am confusing the terminology).

I would just like to stream live TV without it stopping!

Not an answer to your question but streaming problems with VPN can be caused by MTU problems.

Use WireGuard but lower MTU to 1280 on the WG interface, sometimes even lower is necessary.

Thanks egc,

I have played with the MTU but not as low as you suggest. how low can you go before is is counterproductive?

The highest which is working is fine max is 1420 (or 1412 when using PPPoE)
Lower values are sometimes needed when using PPPoE, LTE, DSLite etc.

Hi, can anyone answer my original question?