Setting up password

Does setting up password will set for ssh root password also.

There is no password set on this router. Please configure a root password to protect the web interface.

Or it is only for the web front.

The passwords are the same for ssh and LuCI... if you haven't setup a password, you will get that message on the web, and you will be able to login via ssh without any password at all.

Meanwhile, @openrouterman -- you have been opening a lot of threads on what would generally be considered the basics of OpenWrt. May I suggest the following two things:

1. If you are not yet comfortable with OpenWrt, do not install it on your main router... use it on a secondary router and play with it to learn the basics before you use it on a 'production' system. This way you can play around (and reset as necessary) without having to worry about compromising your router or network.
  2. Read the quick start guide -- All of the major functions of OpenWrt are well documented. For more depth, you can also look at the user guide. And for things that are not already linked in those two guides, you can use the forum search or your favorite search engine to find additional wiki articles. You will save yourself a lot of time and energy by simply reading the documentation that already exists. If you are confused by anything in the guides, you can ask specific questions and we'll be happy to help.
4 Likes

No i have changed to openwrt and i will use this on all devices whatever the struggle maybe.and i like it but many options so i need to know what are this for but this is right that i was spamming with threads unintentionally and sorry about that i will be more careful about that next time.

Yes i have not but i will. Sure thanks.

1 Like