I need some help with setting up the network as I like. I have three basic components.
- Router with two ports, 1xLAN and 1xWAN, running OpenWRT.
- A 8-Port-Switch, which is running OpenWRT
- An Access Point powered by the switch, non-OpenWRT, a TP-Link EAP670
What I would like to have is:
- Four VLANs (private 10, IoT 20, business 30, AllowAdds 40)
- One SSID carries the VLANs private, IoT and business, the other SSID allows Adds by bypassing AdGiard
- The Router should decide, to which VLAN a device is assigned. I want to connect any device to any port an still get the intended VLAN.
At the Moment, I have a switch.1 device in the Switch, which gets an IP address from the router as DHCP client. I can connect to both OpenWRT devices when I assign VLAN ID 1 on the Access Point to the SSID.
Do I need Radius? What do I set at the switch? Is my access point capable and how can I check this?