currently I am using an WRT1900ACS with OpenWRT 18.06.4 as WPA2-PEAP-access point and have some Wifi problems (very high ping to wifi clients). I red somewhere the wifi driver of the WRT1900ACS is somehow buggy.
Therefore I am searching for new devices I can use as an access point.
Since I want to extend the wifi to a second floor, I want to have devices with 802.11r capability.
I red in the forum, that many routers / WAPs do not have 802.11r capability, because it is not implemented in the wifi driver.
Unfortunately I could not find any list of 802.11r capable devices.
So, what are my needs:
- Stable Wifi 802.11ac and n.
- At least 1 Gigabit Ethernet port
- Roaming capability (802.11r)
- It would be fine, if I can use it as a USB print server (USB port available)
- Support for WPA2-PEAP
- Fast bridging LAN <-> WLAN
- Price should be less than 150 €.
I do not need any routing ability.
I already found Fritz!Box 4040, Netgear WAC104, GL.iNet GL-B1300 and Linksys AC2200/EA8300.
But I could not find any information, if roaming is working properly.
I'm thankful for any help.