Samba 4.x package support thread

I'm not able to test it as it's for the wrong target.

Upload your makefile if you can somewhere and I'll make a build I can use.

Edit: I did try adding your changes to the makefile but I get a missing separator error so I must have something wrong

@Gingernut
What do you mean by wrong target?, different libc (glibc?) or different architecture?.

I am only tested as per-uploaded my samba package mod, don't know if it's compatible with other fork. You need to remove whole ../feeds/packages/net/samba4 folder and use mine completely.

Sorry I meant different architecture.

I'm just using latest package feed and testing with that, no special fork or anything like that.

Backup your ../feeds/packages/net/samba4 folder into root directory and try my uploaded samba4 folder. My modifications should be architectural agnostic but haven't confirm that, will test later compiling x86_64 glibc.

1 Like

Thank you.

I misunderstood your post yesterday, I thought you had posted the actual compiled samba4 ipk package and didn't download it to check. Really sorry about that.

I'll test it out and let you know.

Built, installed and atm all working correctly.

Nice work

2 Likes

Thanks man for confirmation, will try to make a PR.

1 Like

Build tested on:
mediatek:mt7622
ramips:mt7621
ipq40xx

Run tested on:
mediatek:mt7622

I can do a PR if you don't want to?

2 Likes

Sure go ahead, I will jump in if there is question regarding the changes.

1 Like

Done

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/19523

2 Likes

I am desperately looking for Active Directory and Windows ACL supports. Can someone do this? Embedded devices are good candidates for low load activities such as the domain controller.

I think you've missed 2 patches, 105-samba-4.16.2-fix-musl-without-innetgr.patch & 106-samba-4.15-fix-signal-in-musl.patch, it failed "9 failing checks", I think PR should passes it.

@echelon and @Gingernut sorry to jump in last minute, thanks a ton for your efforts I love Samba, but why not jump up to 4.17 if you're submitting a PR, it'll be better supported longterm and has performance improvements.

I've just force pushed a fix.

2 Likes

@phinn
Done :slight_smile: , compiled tested on x86_64 for arm_cortex-a15+neon-vfpv4_musl.

@Gingernut

Please kindly test the new 4.17 package. Uploaded here.

Haven't done any test at all, please test the samba 4.17 functionalities like downloading and uploading.

1 Like

Thank you @Gingernut and @echelon for your contribution to the package!

@Gingernut can you cherry pick your commit of 4.14.14 to 22.03? As this is mainly a security patch, cherry-picking into the release branch should be ok.

2 Likes

Built and tested, seems to work just fine.

Made a new PR for the update:

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/19541

Amazing work @echelon, thanks.

3 Likes

I see samba 4.17 got merged to master, congrats and thanks for your efforts all. Has anyone tested with LuCI to make sure all the feature still work? I'm still on 22.03 on my wrt32x, but will have time to reboot it over to my master partition and test it out this weekend.

I've just tested the basic but it seems stable and working well.

1 Like

After a 30d uptime on 22.03 with my WRT32X booted to the other partition, flashed latest master, added your Samba package now with a USB 3.0 2TB drive. I see your PR hit master too. Copied a 2GB movie back/forth, read speeds about 110MB/s, write speeds about 90 MB/s, almost maxing gigabit lan, fast and stable so far. Haven't put any new tweaks into the config it but will see what's available. Thanks for putting this updated package together.

2 Likes