Rpi4 < $(community_build)

Which pi are you using?

The 4GB version.

You can run them at 2000mhz and overvoltage 5 without voiding warranty. Not sure if that affects latency but it’ll run all day at that.

1 Like

Is your question related to this specific community build?
If not, please open a new topic, since this one is only for a specific community build (which is now unmaintained since a while).

Thanks for the update wulfy23 !

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Which official build recommend for the Rpi4?

How strange I use qosify plus irqbalance and I don't notice any delay or overload

Might've been rectified, but I noticed that in older builds that for whatever reason there would be huge intermittent spikes in latency when using SQM, Wireguard client and VPN Policy routing. Even despite resources appearing fine with sufficient overhead and SQM even set to half of line speed there would be huge increases in ping along with drops in throughput. All of those fixes, plus implementing banIP resolved it.

I noticed wulfy posted 5.7.50-3, does anyone know if you can add Samba to these custom builds? I wasn't able to when I tested last night maybe I did something wrong. (why I typically avoid custom builds in general)

1 Like

I also noticed that I had latency spikes, but now I'm on rc3 and it works fine, I don't know if it solved that problem.

I have used samba share on an older build.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates again wulfy23

2 Likes

There are recommend hardware to use the RPi4 as a router? Like a second ethernet port?
Are RPi4 and CM4 images the same?

A UE300 dongle. Images are different. Plenty of information in the first few posts. Have a read.

2 Likes

Agreed. Zero problem with the ue300’s

Using UE300 here too, works great. Has the popular RTL8153 chipset, so driver is kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 as is we describe on the table of hardware page.

Poke for life

2 Likes

Some really nice commits for Rpi4 added to master branch this week. Kernel 5.15 (great since that's what RPi OS 64-bit uses too), new eeprom, improved scheduler, etc. Wulfy's new build he snuck out hopefully includes all that too, going to install it in the next couple days.

4 Likes

Quoted from github:

############################## 7.1.13 - k5.15test - r19686

kernel was updated to 5.15 test build, i have to tested this yet so
            wait for a week / few days if you don't have dd backups or general
            confidence based on other sources...

-uploaded as current but i'm aware of a few mostly minimal? places
             where my/our logix does not accomodate it... for this week its mostly
             for any brave souls whom are eager to test the new kernel and
             investigate core function / quirks / performance etc.

a) on building kmod pwm was not available
             b) hmmm... userspace seems alot more snappy
             c) tailroom bug (rare) still present
             d) um... my additional usb mount is spitting errors on (last build)
                upgrade... looks like some sort of semi-newish brute ps kill
                / term... and probably not so big a deal for most?
                ... just noting here for a time reference...

It's working ok in my case.

1 Like

Hi, did you tests mwan3 ? Mine wasn't working properly.